Thursday, October 25, 2007

Business Life

Hello!

If you're reading this, you're about to learn a few things about business life as an entrepreneur.

First off, let's get to know me a little by checking out my bio. It pretty much sets the tone as to where I'm coming from.

Second, anything you read on this blog is purely my opinion. I will try and back up anything I say with facts, and proof when necessary...but the main thing here is that my opinion is usually based on my experience.

I'm one of those people that tell you how things are, whether you'd like to hear it or not. I try not to hurt people's feelings with my comments, but life is too short and it's a shame when you can't simply say what's on your mind because some one's feeling may be hurt.

Although I'm a straight shooter, I'm also not a cold, heartless animal. I have my limits and will try to be politically correct when addressing certain issues.

Lastly, I'd like to say that business life does not have to be as difficult as many people make it out to be. Business life is a process. If you have the right system in place, with the right plan to follow, and a good team to bounce ideas from...you should do very well.

Whatever you do, don't take any one's word for everything you read, hear or see. You should be able to challenge what you learn in order to make it work for you. By the same token, don't defy everything you learn either.

Always question, but use common sense. If someone says, "My business tripled in revenue in under a year...and yours can too," you should be skeptical, but hear out the plan before making a final decision on whether you will implement any, all or none of the strategies presented to you. Check the source of who is giving you this information. Is it a good and reliable source? Or is it someone trying to sell you on an idea that has never been truly tested and proven to work.

I'll be completely honest with you. As a small business owner, I've made many mistakes along the way. I've trusted many partners, and invested many hours, days and months in projects that went no where. It is because of this experience, that I can also say that I have enjoyed many partnerships, and have generated enough income to allow me to lead a life that I could only imagine a short 20 years ago.

I am still in the trenches, and above all, love to "expand the minds of others."

I hope that these postings will enable you to lead a more profitable, and happy business life.

Until my next post...

Edison R. Guzman
www.aeAdvertising.com
www.AutomaticEcommerce.com
www.FreshContentEveryMonth.com
www.aeDomains.com

No comments: